“12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos” is a self-help book written by Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist and professor at the University of Toronto. In this book, Peterson offers a set of guiding principles for living a fulfilling and meaningful life. Through personal anecdotes, scientific research, and philosophical analysis, Peterson addresses a range of topics including personal responsibility, relationships, and mental health.
Throughout the book, Peterson stresses the importance of taking ownership of one’s life and making conscious choices that align with one’s values. He also explores the psychological and societal forces that can hold us back and offers practical advice for overcoming challenges and finding purpose and meaning in life. “12 Rules for Life” has become a best-seller and has garnered widespread praise for its insights and wisdom. Whether you’re seeking guidance on your personal journey or simply looking for an engaging and thought-provoking read, “12 Rules for Life” is sure to offer valuable insights and inspiration.
Here are the main points of the book:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Treat yourself like you would someone you are responsible for helping
- Make at least one thing better wherever you are
- Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Tell the truth, or, at least, don’t lie
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
- Be Precise in your speech
- Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible
- Pet a Cat when you encounter one on the street
To buy the book click here